- Can we have / (root), /boot and swap partition under LVM?
- Is it possible to have / (root), /boot and swap partition on LVM device?
- Booting from LVM without a separate /boot but having /boot directly on LVM
- Can I boot directly from LVM without having /boot on a partition? So have the whole system use LVM? This would help me simplify the workflow to use LVM snapshots and mergeback technology to rollback updates.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.