- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x
- Red Hat Subscription Management (RHSM)
When trying to register the system with subscription-manager register , facing error as: error "http error 401-unauthorized: invalid username or password"
Getting "invalid username or password error" while trying to register system with RHSM
- Avoid using blank space or hyphen in the password to successfully register the system as subscription-manager (RHSM).
- Reset the password if the password contains a space in it.
To reset the password click here
Subscription-manager (RHSM) does not honor the value when a blank space or hyphen is added to a password, instead consider adding special characters is suggested.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.