- Warning messages are reported as soon as snmpd starts.
- /var/log/messages contains:
snmpd[xxxx]: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 464: Warning: The separate port argument to trapsink is deprecated snmpd[xxxx]: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 465: Warning: The separate port argument to trapsink2 is deprecated
- /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf includes the following two lines:
trapsink 127.0.0.1 public 162 trap2sink 127.0.0.1 public 162
- snmpd should start normally although the warning message is reported.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.