- System reports
soft lockupswhen :
/proc/timer_listfile either once or repeatedly from shell or shell script or periodically from some monitoring
software that reads this file and stores data from it.
- Executing sosreport command where plug-in
kernel.with-timerreads data from
- Large number of user space applications that does a lot of timer-based activities. For example, doing 1000+ of nanosleep() calls or very high network activity when a lot of network-related timers are registered in the kernel.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.