- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (RHOCP) 3
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (RHOCP) 4
- RHOCP node is invoking OOM Killer.
- RHOCP node is under high CPU load.
- A pod is scheduled to the node and uses all of the node's resources, crashing the node.
- ``````````FailedScheduling due to X Insufficient memory or X Insufficient CPU.
- Verify if pods running on the cluster are using limits. See the following links below for more information:
For Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3
- Capacity management monitoring
- Protecting nodes system resources
- Allocating node resources
- Out of resource handling
- Overcommitting Node
For Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4
One of the most common root causes of this behavior is that pods are getting scheduled to the nodes without any resource limits. The best practice is to set only memory limits and implement OOM Killer monitoring.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.