- After five minutes of no activity for a NFSv3 share mounted over TCP, the TCP connection is torn-down.
- With certain versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, we see the NFS client re-use an existing TCP port.
- This TCP port-reuse behavior sometimes conflicts with stateful firewalls and other network appliances between the NFS client and the NFS server.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- NFS client
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.