- How to restore a volume group and its logical volumes after a disk (physical volume) that the logical volume was using has failed or the volume has become corrupted or was overwritten ?
- We have a strange behaviour on a RHEL 6.5 server. The SAN based filesystems (
/dev/mapper/VolGroupXX*) are mounted, and they are readable and writable. But when I execute
lvscan. I don't see any PVs, VGs or LVs related to
VolGroupXX*. Only with
dmsetup ls --treecommands I see references to the
- unknown device error in pvs output but disks are showing in multipath
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.