- As per https://secure.php.net/supported-versions.php this webpage, PHP 5.4 already reaches its end-of-life and The default PHP version in RHEL7 is 5.4.
- How does Red Hat backport for a version that upstream has already stopped releasing security patches for and where does Red Hat get the fixes from ?
- Is it safe for customers to continue to use the default PHP v5.4 for the whole supported life cycle of RHEL7 into the future ?
- And, for example, rh-php56 is the version provided by RHSCL, and upstream PHP v5.6 will be obsolete in a year's time. What will happen to the support for rh-php56 then ? When will it be removed from RHSCL, i.e. end of support ?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat Software Collections
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.