- Rsyslog stops logging locally when the remote log server cannot be reached
- Rsyslog exhibits performance degradation when remote log server is unreachable
- Rsyslog clients behave erratically when unable to establish TCP connection to remote log server (despite using queues)
- The server rebooted automatically and the vmcore was generated. However no logs around the time of reboot were found.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Rsyslog with Queuing Enabled (Queued Mode)
- Rsyslog using 1 remote log host
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux