- Rsyslog stops logging locally when the remote log server cannot be reached
- Rsyslog exhibits performance degradation when remote log server is unreachable
- Rsyslog clients behave erratically when unable to establish TCP connection to remote log server (despite using queues)
- The server rebooted automatically and the vmcore was generated. However no logs around the time of reboot were found.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Rsyslog with Queuing Enabled (Queued Mode)
- Rsyslog using 1 remote log host
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.