- We notice that depending on the autofs or kernel version, the autofs expiring mounts behavior may be different. With some kernel versions, an 'ls' or a 'stat' of an automount controlled path will reset the timer, and with other versions it does not.
- autofs on RHEL7.4 is expiring mounts that are still in use
- Does an 'ls' on a path that is managed by autofs reset the autofs expiry timer?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - 8
- autofs / automount with a non-zero expiry timeout option (the '-t' or '--timeout' parameter in the automount man page)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.