- Running cpio jobs over the wire to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 NFS server is slow.
- I replaced a RHEL-5.8 NFS server with a RHEL-6.3 NFS server, and performance has become 100 to 700 times as slow.
- NFS server mkdir/write operations per second is slower on RHEL 6 than RHEL 5
- An application is saying they are getting much lower performance on RHEL 6.4 compared with 5.x for an NFS where the underlying file system is on a disk array.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 / kernel 2.6.32-279.22.1 / ext4 with barrier=1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.8 / kernel 2.6.9-89.0.23 / ext3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.8 / kernel 2.6.9-89.0.23
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.