- How are scsi_id identifiers generated, such as 360060e80000000000000000000000000 as seen in multipath and within /dev by-id?
- Why is there a '3' prefixing the WWID of a device?
- storage displays a wwid for a device, but the kernel scsi id is slightly different, why?
- the displayed scsi id within multipath for different storage are different lengths, why?
- what is the difference between a WWID and a scsi_id?
- is there any difference between a WWID and a scsi_id?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (lsscsi --scsi_id command)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (scsi_id command)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (scsi_id command)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.