- We have some pods with the following resource limits and requests assigned; however we see that CPU millicores usage (registered in hawkular-metrics) are higher than 1000millicores assigned as "limits" for the pod. We have seen the POD running with a peak of 1892 millicores.
- What is the behavior of OpenShift when the pod requires more cores than its "limits" defined in the YAML configuration?
- Can a pod with limits still receive as many cores as it requires if there are cores available in the OpenShift node?
resources: limits: cpu: "1000m" memory: "4096Mi" requests: cpu: "700m" memory: "3072Mi"
- We expected to see no more than 1000 millicores used, so we need to know the real behavior in these scenarios.
- OpenShift pods exceeded their millicore limit which caused a licensing issue with a 3rd party app.
- OpenShift Container Platform 3.2+
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.