- If a virtual system is created with multiple CPU "sockets", while registering the system using RHSM, we cannot assign subscriptions to this virtual system because it seems that CPUs on the virtual system are considered as number of cores or sockets.
- Assigning a subscription to my virtual guest fails with the error:
subscription-manager: Unable to register virtual system with multiple CPUs with "RHEL, (1-2 sockets)" subscription
- Red Hat Subscription Management
- Subscription Manager in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 onwards and 6.1 onwards
- Virtual guest with number of cores or sockets exceeding the "1-2 Socket" license
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.