1. As a result of the WannaCrypt ransomware threat, we disabled the
SMB1 protocol in our Windows Active-Directory environment. After the change, users were not able to login to Linux-Systems using their Windows AD account.
2. When joining new systems into the Active-Directory domain does not work anymore and fails with the error
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Samba-3.x with Winbind enrolled into a Windows AD domain
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.