- Hrtimers may expire early when a leap second is inserted. Depending on what the specific hrtimer was doing dictates what will occur when this bug is hit. The application may crash, the server's CPUs may spike to 100% usage, or the entire server may crash.
- After the leap second is inserted the CPU usage goes to 100% and stays there.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Real Time (RHEL-RT)
- Red Hat Enterprise MRG Realtime (MRG-RT)
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor 3.6 (RHEV-H)
- Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor 4 (RHV-H)
- System clock keeping time in UTC or localtime, both are potentially affected
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.