- When chronyd is configured with the
smoothtimedirective there is a chance it will crash
- Chronyd crashes when performing server leap smear with the following error message:
smooth.c:164: update_stages: Assertion `dir <= 1 && l1 >= 0.0 && l3 >= 0.0' failed.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- NTP Server running chronyd
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.