Why are ldap group lookups are being done even for local users in Red Hat Enterprise Linux ?
- In RHEL, ldap group lookups are being done even for local users causing authentication failures for local users.
- On a system configured to do group lookups (in /etc/nsswitch.conf) to a ldap server, ldap group lookups are done even for local users. This causes login failures for local users when connectivity to a ldap server goes down.
- Local users are not able to authenticate / login on system if nsswitch is configured to contact ldap server for group lookups.
- Local user account are being ignored when LDAP is down/unavailable.
- When authenticating with a local user, how to prevent it from searching ldap backend
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.