- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- How can we install a particular errata using yum?
- How can we list all errata available using yum?
- To install errata using yum,
yum-plugin-securitymust be installed on the system.
- Yum can be used to install an errata as explained in this example:
For eg: Errata RHSA-2012:1407-1 is available for a client, then run the below mentioned command on the client. # yum update --advisory RHSA-2012:1407
NOTE: Only the major advisory name has to be used in the command, as in the above command the available errata is "RHSA-2012:1407-1" but we need to pass "RHSA-2012:1407" with the command.
- To list available errata:
# yum list-sec OR # yum --security check-update
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.