- We have a system running RHEL 5.6 as a VMware guest on an ESX server.
- There was a vMotion event that moved the guest operating system to a different server in the VMware cluster and since then the CPU utilization is maxed out with very high user / system time.
- System CPU usage and load on RHEL 6 VMware guest is very high during vMotion which causes network connections to drop. This high load persists until the guest is rebooted.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.