- None of the virtual users are able to login though ftp using the vsftpd packages provided with RHEL5.4, login fails with the following error.
- Updating vsftpd package in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 to vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5 causes breakage in several FTP clients
For Example :
$ /usr/bin/ftp 192.168.0.1 Connected to 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1). 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5) Name (192.168.0.1:root): ftptest 331 Please specify the password. Password: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection Login failed.
- The issue does not happen if it's traced using strace.
# strace -p $pid_of_vsftpd
The problem is back as soon as the vsftpd process detached from strace.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4
- vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5 or later
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.