- Even though Red Hat does not provide any support for the customized kernel, as a user, you want to rebuild a kernel (e.g. to test a change or apply a local fix until errata are released).
- When you recompile the kernel, the size of each binary is a lot bigger than the one Red Hat provides. How can the binaries' size be reduced to sizes similar to those in the Red Hat shipped kernel binary RPM?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.