- Even though Red Hat does not provide any support for the customized kernel, as a user, you want to rebuild a kernel (e.g. to test a change or apply a local fix until errata are released).
- When you recompile the kernel, the size of each binary is a lot bigger than the one Red Hat provides. How can the binaries' size be reduced to sizes similar to those in the Red Hat shipped kernel binary RPM?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux