- What is the procedure to grow an existing filesystem based on Logical Volume?
- How can I extend my logical volume and the filesystem in the command line?
- I have extended a logical volume using
lvextendwhich shows the extension in volume group
dfisn't reflecting the size, am I missing anything?
- How do I grow an ext3/ext4/XFS filesystem on LVM?
- How do I increase my filesystem on the fly, without unmounting it ?
- We are using LVM for mounting the filesystem, how can we use the
lvextendcommand to extend the volume group and increase the filesystem size?
- What are the steps to extend a filesystem after a LUN capacity has been extended?
- What is the procedure to increase the size of an LVM2 logical volume and resize its filesystem?
- I need to expand a filesystem created on LVM partition, does the filesystem need to be unmounted when expanding it or can I resize it online?
- How to grow an ext filesystem with
- How to grow an XFS filesystem with
- I have extended the logical volume size with
lvextendcommand but the size of the file system its not reflecting this change
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM) 2
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.