- What is the procedure to grow an existing filesystem based on Logical Volume?
- How can I extend my logical volume and the filesystem in the command line?
- I have extended a logical volume using
lvextendwhich shows the extension in volume group
dfisn't reflecting the size, am I missing anything?
- How do I grow an ext3/ext4/XFS filesystem on LVM?
- How do I increase my filesystem on the fly, without unmounting it ?
- We are using LVM for mounting the filesystem, how can we use the
lvextendcommand to extend the volume group and increase the filesystem size?
- What are the steps to extend a filesystem after a LUN capacity has been extended?
- What is the procedure to increase the size of an LVM2 logical volume and resize its filesystem?
- I need to expand a filesystem created on LVM partition, does the filesystem need to be unmounted when expanding it or can I resize it online?
- How to grow an ext filesystem with
- How to grow an XFS filesystem with
- I have extended the logical volume size with
lvextendcommand but the size of the file system its not reflecting this change
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
- Logical Volume Manager (LVM) 2
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Customize or extend
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.