- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- LDAP server is affected because of these logs are reported in /var/log/messages -
Jan 20 09:18:32 Hostname kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out Jan 20 09:18:32 Hostname kernel: eth0: Got tx_timeout. irq: 00000000 Jan 20 09:18:32 Hostname kernel: eth0: Ring at 13a2000 Jan 20 09:18:32 Hostname kernel: eth0: Dumping tx registers
Some times switch faulty ports may cause the issue. Please check the port with known working cable combination.
Try turning off tx and rx checksum with following command if that makes any difference.
ethtool -K eth0 tx off ethtool -K eth0 rx off
- Duplex mismatch also causes similar kind of issues. Check your duplex settings.
- Swap the settings between ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-ethX to see if this resolves the issue.
- Update the kernel to the latest one.
- Root cause is unknown at this stage.
- Check system logs.
- Similar issues fixed in the latest kernel.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.