- When listing a directory on the NFS client, the directory listing will fail after listing some of the files in the directory with:
ls: reading directory .: Too many levels of symbolic links'
- The following message is visible in
/var/log/messagesof the NFS client:
Oct 2 18:24:47 hostname kernel: NFS: directory server.example.com/nfs contains a readdir loop.Please contact your server vendor.
- Duplicate files begin appearing on NFS shares.
- Duplicate files on same directory.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6, 7(NFS server)
- NFS server exports
- ext4, ext3, or gfs2
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.