- Any message in
/var/log/messagesreferencing soft lockups like these:
kernel: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 10s! [bond1:3307]
kernel: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 67s! [bond1:3307]
- Not necessarily specific to CPU#0 or process bond1
- The system does not boot up (or just very slowly), I only see many messages "BUG: soft lockup". Booting the system with
maxcpus=1or disabling the slots for fiberHBA cards in BIOS makes the system boot.
modprobe qla2xxxcauses infinite loop with softlockups.
- I just freshly installed a new server and loaded the
modprobeto activate the HBA in the system. For building this system the
qla2xxxmodule was blacklisted as it blocked the system at intallation time already. Loading the module now leads to the soft lockups.
- After discovering new SAN LUNs, the system locks up.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.