- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Want to create a disk partition on a disk that is greater than 2TB in size on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 when newly installing the system.
1. Press the button 'tab' when the installation menu appear.
2. Add the 'inst.gpt' at the end of the 'vmlinuz' line.
3. Press the button 'Enter'.
4. Install the system normally.
inst.gpt boot parameter forces to create GPT partition table even when the disk size is less than 2^32 sectors or more.
NOTE: When the Legacy BIOS (not UEFI) is used, an additional BIOS boot partition with 1 MB must be created. Refer to https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Installation_Guide/sect-disk-partitioning-setup-x86.html
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.