- RHEL 6.2 with a standard mount, a glob in a directory containing over 3000 directories takes 218 seconds (nearly four minutes).
- A mount of the same directory using the
nordirplusoption to disable the use of readdirplus calls, a glob on the same directory takes only 1.7 seconds
- As a result of the many READDIRPLUS calls, performance of other processes are affected
touchof a file in a directory with hundreds of thousands of files may take several minutes
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- RHEL6.2 and RHEL6.3 kernels (others may be affected)
- NFS client
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.