- We currently have JBoss instances with the JVM configured with the
-Xmx2048moption. Despite that the output of the
topcommand shows that each Java process is consuming over 3 GB of memory. Why is the Java instance consuming more than 2GB of memory?
- If maximum heap size given for a JBoss is 2GB then why the same JBoss is consuming memory more than 2GB.
- Why does our java process's memory usage (resident set size) exceed its configured max heap?
- How works the JBoss memory consumption?
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform (EPP)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Web Server (EWS)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform (SOA-P)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.