- GIDs of users in more than 16 groups are not recognized properly on NFS.
- I can not change ownership of subdirectory of nfs filesystem, following is the error messages:
$ chown USER:GROUP /nfs-mount-point/file chown: changing ownership of `/nfs-mount-point/file': Operation not permitted
- User getting "Permission Denied" error while creating a file on NFS share.
# su - testuser1 $ touch example touch: cannot touch `example`: Permission denied
- What limits are in place for group settings on NFS ?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.