- GIDs of users in more than 16 groups are not recognized properly on NFS.
- I can not change ownership of subdirectory of nfs filesystem, following is the error messages:
$ chown USER:GROUP /nfs-mount-point/file chown: changing ownership of `/nfs-mount-point/file': Operation not permitted
- User getting "Permission Denied" error while creating a file on NFS share.
# su - testuser1 $ touch example touch: cannot touch `example`: Permission denied
- What limits are in place for group settings on NFS ?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.