- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- NFS mounts using mount options
- NFS mounts do not honor the
nointrmount options in RHEL6
intrmount option has been deprecated. A snippet from the man (
man nfs) page detailing this change can be found below:
The intr / nointr mount option is deprecated after kernel 2.6.25. Only SIGKILL can interrupt a pending NFS operation on these kernels, and if specified, this mount option is ignored to provide backwards compatibility with older kernels.
- Hung NFS operations may be able to be killed by issuing a SIGKILL interrupt by killing the process inflicting the hung response:
# kill -9 <process>
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.