- What is fencing and why is it important?
- Why is fencing a requirement for a RHEL cluster?
- Is it possible to setup a cluster without fencing?
- What problems might occur if I do not have fencing configured?
- Our cluster node's motherboard failed, taking down the fence device as well. Fencing failed repeatedly, blocking all operations within the cluster. Why can't the cluster just try to fence for a short time and then if it can't reach the device, assume the node is dead and just move on without fencing it?
- Red Hat Cluster Suite 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6, or 7 with the High Availability Or Resilient Storage Add On