- Red Hat Satellite
- How to unregister/delete a system registered to console.redhat.com inventory?
- There are multiple ways to unregister/delete a system profile from the Inventory
Procedure 1: Using
insights-client command itself
# insights-client --unregister
Procedure 2: From Red Hat Satellite 6.9 and earliar UI
- Login to Satellite webui
- Navigate to
- Select system profiles which need to be unregistered
- Click on
Procedure 3: Using console.redhat.com UI
- Login to console.redhat.com
- Click on
- Locate the host to be removed and click on the vertical ellipse to the end of the row then click on
- Follow any additional steps that are provided as prompted
Procedure 4: Using API call.
#for i in `curl -s -u uesrname:password https://cloud.redhat.com/api/inventory/v1/hosts?fqdn=SYSTEM_NAME | grep -o '"id":"[^"]*' | grep -o '[^"]*$'` ; do curl -u username:password -X DELETE https://cloud.redhat.com/api/inventory/v1/hosts/$i -H "accept: */*" ; done username:password - Red Hat access portal credentials SYSTEM_NAME - system's FQDN
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.