- We have a three node Oracle RAC and this morning we had problem with one node. When we reviewed the historic
netstat -souput we noticed that the following counter spiked around that time.
54672220 packet reassembles failed
- After that event the module could not be pinged with a packet size greater than the MTU.
# ping <IP Addr> -s 1600
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 (
kernel-2.6.32-504.el6) and later
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7.z (
kernel-2.6.32-573.7.1.el6) and earlier
- Oracle RAC or other application which commonly sends IP fragments
- IP fragmentation
- Systems with many CPU cores
- In one instance, the system had 160 CPU cores
- Sytemss with smaller amounts of CPUs are not affected.
- For example, we could not reproduce this on a machine with 12 CPU cores
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.