- How to boot Openstack VMs/Instances from choice of Ceph pools ?
- What is the status of Multi-Backend support for nova instances ?
- Can Juno recognize direct RBD images from Ceph ?
- When the Hypervisor is running on rhel 7 (with the RBD device driver installed into the kernel), can we present RBD storage directly from Ceph to Nova and bypass using the current librbd -> libvirt? The use case is we want to be able to have VMs have the capability to boot from choice of Ceph pools. For example, applications that are latency sensitive and do manage their data resiliency would benefit if they could use a Ceph pool with less than 3 replicas; whilst the run of any other application that does not manage data resiliency would benefit from its VM booting from a Ceph pool of replica count 3.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 6.0 (Juno)
- Red Hat Ceph Storage 1.2.3
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.