- DDoS Attacks could be SYN flood, UDP flood, ICMP flood and SMURF attacks. DoS attacks now target the application service itself, to deny service in a way that evades current protection mechanisms. Attackers use legitimate application requests to overload the web server, HTTP Layer 7-type attack is more difficult to stop because it is requires to distinguish between real and malicious HTTP request, while all carried by apparently legitimate traffic.
- Under Linux, multiple module exist such as mod_qos, mod_security, mod_evasive etc. but which one should take to avoid DDOS attack ?
- How to secure Apache Web server from DDoS attack?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Red Hat Software Collections (RHSCL)
- Red Hat Core Services (JBCS)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Web Server (EWS)
- Red Hat JBoss Web Server (JWS)
- Apache HTTPD Web server
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.