Does Red Hat plan to release a ntp package including xleap.patch (Important for slew mode i.e. with -x ntp configuration)?
- Is there any plan to release ntp package including xleap.patch?
- In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7, particular ntp packages cause step time adjustment when leap second is inserted even though ntpd is working with '-x' (slew mode) option.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
ntp-4.2.6p5-19.el7(shipped with RHEL 7.1) or below
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- NTP configured in slew mode
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.