- CIFS mounts disconnecting after an period of idleness, why?
- After period of low activity the SMB share "hangs" when accessed via a
lsor any other commands.
- The hang resolves itself after several minutes.
- During the issue the Windows File Server does not report a CIFS session from the application. When the issue is resolved, a session is reported.
- The current workaround is to touch or create a file every two minutes or so to maintain the CIFS session.
- CIFS mounts show a
DISCONNECTEDstate in debugging
- CIFS filesystems hang in disconnected state
- CIFS filesystems routinely go into a
DISCONNECTEDstate. Most of the time when they become active again, the reconnect just fine. But sometimes they don't and all commands hang.
- CIFS Mount hangs on this server and is fine when it is unmounted and mounted again
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux as SMB Client
- Windows as SMB server
- Other Third-party SMB server vendors may exhibit this behavior.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.