Resizing a nova instance from the CLI fails with:
# nova resize myinstance 4 --poll Server resizing... 0% complete Error resizing server
Not able to resize Instance. The following error is shown:
# nova resize resize-test m1.small --poll Server resizing... 0% complete Error resizing server ERROR (InstanceInErrorState): Unexpected error while running command. Command: ssh 172.x.x.1 mkdir -p /var/lib/nova/instances/8cb728bb-7f28-46f4-b650-7fe2cfb5bdbb Exit code: 255 Stdout: u'' Stderr: u'Host key verification failed.\r\n'
- Cannot resize an instance from horizon dashboard.
- "This account is currently not available" message comes when user doesn't have valid shell.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5.0 (Icehouse)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 6.0 (Juno)
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 7.0 (Kilo)
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty)
- Multiple compute nodes
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.