- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1
- Kickstart installation
- How can one configure bridge over a physical interface in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 kickstart installation?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 doesn't have any option to create
brigdein kickstart except
- One can do that in kickstart's
%postsection very easily. There are
NetworkManagercommands given in the following section for creating a
bridgeon command line.
- Write a small script which will convert the physical interface into Bridged interface. Refer this Documentation
- There is no kickstart parameter for configuring bridge actually. Execute the same set of commands in kickstart
%postscript which are needed to execute on the running machine to convert it's physical interface into bridged interface.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 enables this feature
- Starting with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 , it's possible to configure a network
bridgeduring the installation in both the manual installation (in the Network & Hostname screen) and in Kickstart without using a
%postscript (using the new
--bridgeopts=options for the network command. This is explained in the 7.1 Release Notes and it is documented in the Installation Guide (scroll down to the network command).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.