- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Red Hat Satellite 5.6
- Red Hat Satellite 5.7
- Red Hat Satellite 5.8
- How to register RHEL system to Red Hat Satellite 5.8 Server?
- How to register RHEL system to Red Hat Satellite 5.7 Server?
- Why can't my RHEL7 register to Red Hat Satellite 5.5 or 5.6 server?
- Download the SSL certificate to client from the Red Hat Satellite server.
[root@client ~]# wget -O /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT https://<satellite_fqdn>/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --no-check-certificate
- Edit the
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2datefile and ensure that it points to the Red Hat Satellite, by adding the below entries :
serverURL=https://satellite.example.com/XMLRPC noSSLServerURL=http://satellite.example.com/XMLRPC sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
- Register the client to the Red Hat Satellite server by executing
rhn_registercommand and provide Red Hat Satellite URL and SSL Certificate Path.
[root@client ~]# rhn_register
NOTE: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 is not supported on Red Hat Network Satellite (5.4 or 5.5)
Which RHEL versions are supported as client systems managed by Red Hat Satellite server?
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.