- A LUN has been extended and we need to get the OS to recognize the new storage space
- Both the block device and multipath devices need to be resized
- We need to extend our pv, vg, and lv which are using the entire device, not partitions
- We need to extend the filesystem
- Underlying device of the PV has been extended from storage end. How to get the additional size reflected in the PV, VG.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6, 7 &8
- Filesystem: Ext2/3/4/xfs
- LVM Physical Volume (PV) is on whole disk (no partitions)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.