- Network interface speed is 100Mbps and should be 1Gbps.
ethtoolcommand shows less
- 1000Mbps NIC is not auto-negotiating to full gigabit speed but running at 10 or 100 megabit.
- Network card is not working at its proper speed.
# ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Supported ports: [ TP ] Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 1000baseT/Full Supports auto-negotiation: Yes Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 1000baseT/Full Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes Speed: 100Mb/s Duplex: Full Port: Twisted Pair
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Network with Twisted Pair copper cable
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.