- What does the following error in the system logs mean:
kernel: do_IRQ: X.Y No irq handler for vector (irq -1)
- Network connections hang or drop, and messages similar to those shown above appear in the system logs.
- Interface becomes unavailable and all connections using that IP address starts failing.
- Can I detect from the OS whether the interrupt remapping option is disabled in BIOS?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5, 6, 7
- Devices using Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI) or MSI-X
- Intel 5500, 5520 & E5620 chipsets
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.