- What does the following error in the system logs mean:
kernel: do_IRQ: X.Y No irq handler for vector (irq -1)
- Network connections hang or drop, and messages similar to those shown above appear in the system logs.
- Interface becomes unavailable and all connections using that IP address starts failing.
- Can I detect from the OS whether the interrupt remapping option is disabled in BIOS?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Devices using Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI) or MSI-X
- Intel 5500, 5520 & E5620 chipsets
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux