- The following messages are logged frequently while running a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 guest on VMware host:
- VM on ESX host shows high IO wait with following errors in logs:
Apr 24 21:01:38 host kernel: mptscsih: ioc0: attempting task abort! (sc=d8c23d00) Apr 24 21:01:38 host kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: Apr 24 21:01:38 host kernel: command: Write(10): 2a 00 07 52 f8 e1 00 00 e8 00 Apr 24 21:02:09 host kernel: mptscsih: ioc0: task abort: SUCCESS (rv=2002) (sc=d8c23d00) (sn=118821254)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- VMWare virtualization host
- RHEL server as physical host with internal storage.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.