LEAP into RHEL 8 Giveaway
Ready to step into the latest version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)? Our giveaway
helps you do it in style with a free t-shirt and blue-light blocking glasses.
This giveaway has concluded. Thanks for participating!
About RHEL 8
RHEL 8 sets the stage for what you can do. Any workload, any cloud, one OS platform.
ControlGet more control over daily operations with features like web console and session recording.
FlexibilityDeploy applications on the versions and dependencies you define with Application Streams. Easily automate configuration and profiles with System Roles.
New environmentsCloud and container tools like Image Builder and Universal Base Image (UBI) help you create custom images quickly and flexibly.
About the giveaway
The first 500 people to migrate a system to RHEL 8 will receive swag. It’s that easy.
Wayfarer-inspired blue light-blocking glasses
Hello, world! RHEL 8 100% cotton tshirt
Two ways to earn your swag:
- Migrate from RHEL 6. Because migrating from RHEL 6 requires a stair step from RHEL 6 to 7, and then from RHEL 7 to 8, if you migrate a RHEL 6 system, you get both the blue light blocking glasses and the t-shirt.
- Upgrade from RHEL 7. If you upgrade from RHEL 7, then you get your choice of the glasses or the shirt.
Terms & Conditions
Standard terms and conditions apply. To see if you qualify, read the full terms & conditions.
How to migrate
RHEL contains different utilities to help you perform an in-place upgrade. This preserves the application and configuration for your system, including system registration. The ultimate goal is to migrate to RHEL 8, but the paths are a little different depending on the version you are currently running:
Migrating from RHEL 7 is relatively simple, using the LEAPP tool.
Migrating from RHEL 6 requires more steps:
- Run the pre-upgrade assistant and edit any packages or configuration as recommended.
- Run the upgrade tool to migrate to RHEL 7.
- Run the LEAPP tool to migrate to RHEL 8.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade Helper can help identify configuration changes, make recommendations, or do pre-assessments on your system to help you prepare for migration.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux migration process
- Documentation: Upgrading from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7
- Documentation: Upgrading from RHEL 7 to RHEL 8
- RHEL 8.4 blog posts
- Datasheet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8: An intelligent foundation for business
- On-demand webinar: Red Hat Enterprise Linux migration strategies
- Download RHEL 8.4