Red Hat “Leap into RHEL 8” Giveaway 2021
Official Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OFFER AVAILABLE ONLY WHILE GIFTS LAST.
ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The Red Hat “Leap into RHEL 8” Giveaway 2021 (“Promotion”) is offered by Red Hat, Inc. as a way of rewarding its customers who migrate their system to RHEL 8.
2. TERM. The Promotion will begin on June 15, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and will run until July 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EDT Time (“Promotional Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to receive a Gift, at the time of entry you must: (i) have access to the Internet and a valid email address; (ii) be a legal resident of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, or the United States; (iii) be a Red Hat customer with a valid, active Red Hat Customer Portal account; and (v) be above the age of majority in your jurisdiction of legal residence (“Participant”). Employees and contractors of Red Hat, Inc. and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees and contractors are not eligible to enter. Government employees and contractors are not eligible to enter.
If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a gift. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer's or company's policies and procedures.
4. HOW TO RECEIVE A GIFT. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To receive a Gift, Participant must migrate a system to RHEL 8 from RHEL 6 or RHEL 7 and then complete the form located at https://access.redhat.com/eform/submit/leap-into-rhel-8-giveaway (“Gift Request”).
LIMIT ONE (1) GIFT REQUEST PER PARTICIPANT. Subsequent Gift Requests will be ignored. All Gift Requests become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely Gift Requests are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible Gift Requests; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Gift Requests will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the Gift Request. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain.
5. PROMOTIONAL GIFTS. The first 500 eligible Participants may request to receive one (1) RHEL 8 t-shirt with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $8 USD and/or one (1) pair of blue light glasses with an ARV of $8 USD.
- Participants who migrate a system from RHEL 6 to RHEL 8 will receive both the RHEL t-shirt and the glasses.
- Participants who migrate a system from RHEL 7 to RHEL 8 will receive their choice of either the RHEL t-shirt or the blue light glasses.
The RHEL t-shirt and blue light glasses are collectively referred to herein as “Gift” or “Gifts.” LIMIT – ONE (1) GIFT PER PARTICIPANT. The Gifts are subject to availability and while supplies last. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a gift of equal or greater value. No transfer, substitution, assignment or cash redemption of Gifts is permitted, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Gifts will be delivered to Participants via FedEx within one (1) month after the close of the Promotional Period. Participant is solely responsible for any expenses, including payment of any taxes, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Gift. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Gifts. ALL GIFTS SHALL BE ACCEPTED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND FOR WHICH SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS NOR ACCEPTS ANY RESPONSIBILITY. The Total ARV of all Gifts is less than or equal to $8,000 USD, depending on how many Participants there are which version of RHEL each Participant is migrating from.
Any trademarks associated with the Gifts awarded under this Promotion are registered or unregistered trademarks of their owners, who are not affiliated with nor have endorsed this Promotion. Gifts awarded under this Promotion may be subject to restrictions and licenses from their manufacturers and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The Gift recipient shall bear all responsibility for use of such Gift in compliance with the conditions imposed by the manufacturer, and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance.
6. GENERAL TERMS. The following terms and conditions apply to each Participant:
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the operation of the Promotion or the Website; (b) violating these Official Terms and Conditions; or (c) acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion without notice. By participating, Participant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, its employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Promotion.
By accepting a Gift, you grant Sponsor and its agencies the unrestricted right, in their collective or individual discretion, to publish your full name, hometown, likeness, photograph, statements, or Gift information for advertising and publicity purposes worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation or notice to you, except where prohibited by law.
In the event the Promotion is not capable of running as planned as the result of bugs, virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, technical failures, fraud, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award Gifts based on the Gift Requests received before the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of the Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina (U.S.), without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
7. SPONSOR. Red Hat, Inc. (“Sponsor”), located at 100 East Davie Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601, is the operator of the Promotion and is solely responsible for the fulfillment of all Gifts.