Chapter 20. Trigger integration execution with a timer
To trigger execution of an integration according to a schedule that you specify, add a timer connection as an integration’s start connection. Fuse Online provides a timer connection, which you can use to start as many integrations as you like. You do not need to create a timer connection unless you inadvertently delete the provided timer connection. Details are in the following topics:
20.1. Add a timer connection to trigger integration execution
To trigger execution of an integration according to a schedule that you specify, add a timer connection as an integration’s start connection. A timer connection cannot be in the middle of an integration or at the end of an integration.
- In Fuse Online, on the left, click Integrations.
- In the upper right, click Create Integration.
On the Choose a Start Connection page, click the Timer connection.
Fuse Online provides a Timer connection; you do not need to create a timer connection. However, if you inadvertently deleted the provided Timer connection and created a new timer connection then you might have given it a different name.
On the Choose an Action page, click Cron Timer or Simple Timer.
crontimer requires a
cronexpression that specifies the schedule for when to trigger integration execution.
A simple timer prompts you to specify a period and its time unit, for example,
1 hour. Available units are milliseconds, seconds, minutes, hours, days.
According the type of timer you are adding, enter a
cronexpression or a period with a selected time unit.
- Click Done to add the Timer connection as the integration’s start connection.
20.2. Create a replacement timer connection
Fuse Online provides a timer connection; you do not need to create one. However, if you inadvertently delete the provided timer connection then you can use the Timer connector to create a timer connection.
- In Fuse Online, in the left panel, click Connections.
- In the upper right, click Create Connection.
- Click the Timer connector.
- In the Add Connection Details page, enter a name for the connection, for example, Timer.
- Optionally, enter a description that distinguishes this connection.
- In the upper right, click Create. Fuse Online displays a list of available connections and you can see the timer connection that you just created.