Could not initialize class com.staffware.sso.jbase.sSession in Jboss eap 6.0 console

Latest response

Hi All,

I am trying to connect the Tibco from java code using jca adapter, but I am getting following error in the jboss console.

18:51:09,443 ERROR [org.jboss.as.ejb3.invocation] (Thread-149) JBAS014134: EJB Invocation failed on component BPMConnectionFacade for method public abstract com.tiscon.bpm.connector.BPMWorkItem[] com.tiscon.bpm.connector.BPMConnectionFacade.loadWorkItems(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String) throws javax.resource.ResourceException,com.tiscon.bpm.connector.BPMConnectorException,com.tiscon.bpm.connector.BPMException,java.rmi.RemoteException: javax.ejb.EJBException: javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.staffware.sso.jbase.sSession
at org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.notSupported(CMTTxInterceptor.java:280) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.processInvocation(CMTTxInterceptor.java:186) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final-redhat-2.jar:1.1.1.Final-redhat-2]
at org.jboss.as.ejb3.remote.EJBRemoteTransactionPropagatingInterceptor.processInvocation(EJBRemoteTransactionPropagatingInterceptor.java:79) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final-redhat-2.jar:1.1.1.Final-redhat-2]
at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.CurrentInvocationContextInterceptor.processInvocation(CurrentInvocationContextInterceptor.java:41) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.ShutDownInterceptorFactory$1.processInvocation(ShutDownInterceptorFactory.java:42) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.LoggingInterceptor.processInvocation(LoggingInterceptor.java:59) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.interceptors.EjbExceptionTransformingInterceptorFactories$1.processInvocation(EjbExceptionTransformingInterceptorFactories.java:65) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]

I have put the ssoJbase.jar file in a APP-INF/lib folder in an ear file and my application.xml file contains below information.

~~~~~~~

The ear file name is StaffwareJCA.ear ,which contains APP-INF/lib,META-INF folder and 15_StaffwareConnectionFacade.jar and staffware-process-suite.rar

~~~~~~~~

Can anybody suggest why am i getting this error?

Regards
Sanjeev Kumar

Responses

Hi Sanjeev

APP-INF/lib is not part of the JEE spec so this sounds like a migration from another application server. What version of JBoss are you using? Repackage the ear to follow the J2EE spec and use the JBoss specific ear/lib. Check out the following article [1]

[1] https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/42557

Hi Mustafa,

Yes its a migration project i.e from weblogic 8 to jboss eap 6.0.1.

I think this above link is not working ,so please send me the correct link.

Regards
Sanjeev Kumar

Apologies, I linked to an unpublished article. In essense, it doesn't say anything extra other than the APP-INF/lib is not part of the JEE spec so how you packaged your application in weblogic will not work in JBoss unless you are adhering to EE spec.

So repackage your application using JEE spec and you should not have any problems.

Hi Mustafa,

I will remove the App-INF/lib folder and create a lib folder directly under the ear file name is StaffwareJCA.ear.
So my ear file will contain lib,META-INF folder and 15_StaffwareConnectionFacade.jar and staffware-process-suite.rar

Regards
Sanjeev