How to run jconsole.bat and jboss-cli.bat on an administrator's PC?

Latest response

We have several dozen JBoss EAP 6.x application servers running.
Since i am an administrator, I don't have JBoss EAP 6.x installed on my Windows 7 PC.
When I copy the batch scripts jconsole.bat and jboss-cli.bat from one of our JBoss EAP 6 servers to my PC and start them, the following error message is displayed:

Could not locate "G:\xxx\jboss-modules.jar".
Please check that you are in the bin directory when running this script.

I couldn't find any guide about what is necessary to run those batches on a Pc without installing JBoss EAP 6.x.
I am also wondering why there is no setup program to get all pieces installed on my Windows 7 PC to be able to administer remotely our JBoss EAP 6.x servers.

Thanks,
Mathias

Responses

Hi Matthias

Let me start by explaining some basics.

The scripts are there to be used against JBoss, that is, JBoss has to be installed for them to work. Hence why you are getting an error saying it couldn't be located.

Please take a look at our Admin and config guide [1]. If you need to administer JBoss remotely, you need to have access to the machines they are located on either via the admin-console or ssh etc.

Regards
Mustafa

[1] https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/6.2/html-single/Administration_and_Configuration_Guide/index.html